Examples of gothic style windows from victorianweb.org x
- Start with a black, white & top coat.
- Base coat your nails in white & let them dry
- Take your black polish & make rounded edges at the sides off each of your nails. This part is the hollow of the cheek.
- Do the same with all your nails & you’re ready to start drawing on a face!
- Taking a bit of black, apply it to a toothpick & then very carefully draw 3 or 4 parallel lines for teeth. You could also do this with a striper brush!
- Now with the same toothpick, just dip the tip & apply little nostrils to each nail.
- A toothpick is a bit too thin for applying a larger dot so grab a thin paintbrush and use the wrong end of it & dip it into the black polish. The larger tip is perfect for a wider dot & makes it easier to just dab on the eyes!
- Then you’re all done the art part! Just top coat & clean up the mess on the sides with a q-tip and some nail polish remover :)
Quinta da Regaleira-Sintra ~ Portugal
An underground tunnel with a spiral staircase, supported by carved columns, down to the bottom of the well through nine landings. The nine hole round landings, separated by fifteen steps, evoke references to Dante’s Divine Comedy, and may represent the nine circles of hell, paradise, or purgatory.
The well is connected to laberíticas caves that lead to a spooky garden surrounded by a lake.
The land that is now Quinta da Regaleira had many owners through time. But in 1892 it belonged to the Barons of Regaleira, a family of rich merchants from Porto, when it was purchased that year by Carvalho Monteiro for 25,000 réis. Monteiro wished to build a bewildering place where he could gather symbols that would reflect his interests and ideologies. With the assistance of the Italian architect Luigi Manini, he designed the 4-hectare estate with its enigmatic buildings, believed to hide symbols related to alchemy, Masonry, the Knights Templar, and the Rosicrucians. The architecture of the estate evokes Roman, Gothic, Renaissance and Manueline architectural styles. The construction of the current estate commenced in 1904 and most of it was concluded by 1910.
I need these tights…or just new tights in general.
This are sexy as fuck
The Art Nouveau Blog on We Heart It. http://weheartit.com/entry/32411717eau